Sunday, July 17, 2005

Harry Potter, Comic Con and Sci Fi Friday

Read Harry Potter in one sitting, as usual. Good book, can't wait till the next one, yadda yadda selling 3.2 bazillion copies, we all can read the net and know about this book. I didn't however go to any release parties or wait in line, Amazon.com is my friend.

Went to Comic Con on Friday. Saw the Battlestar Galactica panel. First impression is that they have great makeup people cuz the actors are actually better looking in real life. I loved the commentary, hearing what they have to say and their take on things. Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck) was late and made a grand entrance, very cute. Madam President Mary McDonnal (Laura Roslin) was much much prettier in person while Jamie Bamber's (Apollo) accent made him omg sexy (er than even in the show), James Callis (Baltar) was hysterical and I love the long floppy hair, Grace Park (Boomer) was just as hot as she is on the show, as was Tahmoth Penikett (Helo). I enjoyed hearing the exec producers comment, I have been listening to Ron Moore's podcasts so it was nice to hear him live and in person. I wish I could have met the cast and talked to them, but I am sure their scheduals were full and they have a show to promote!

So I went home and watched Scifi channel's 'Sci Fi Friday'. Stargate was ok, Atlantis was good but Battlestar, omg this show just keeps getting better. And after hearing these actors just hours earlier it kind of made it a bit more special I think, or I'm just biased and a fangirl, that could be it too. I am the kind of person I would avoid at an EQ Fan Faire, seriously.

No comments: