Thursday, July 14, 2005

But we can't get enough celebrity news -- Rant about drugs

Movie & TV News @ IMDb.com - WENN: "Thomas Slams Reports He Seduced Cruise

Taken from IMDB

Matchbox 20 frontman Rob Thomas has rubbished reports he had sex with Hollywood superstar Tom Cruise - and is even more mortified he's been labeled a fellow Scientologist. The singer is horrified by claims he was caught in bed with the War Of The Worlds star and has finally spoken out to end the rumors. But he's even more offended by reports he's joined Cruise and other followers of L. Ron Hubbard's Church Of Scientology, which has been labeled a 'cult' by some critics. He says, 'If I were gay, Tom wouldn't be on the top of my list...It would be Brad Pitt. I'm more offended by the rumors saying I'm Scientologist.' "


The best part is he's offended by the religious part, and he has the same taste in men that I do...

I used to be a fan of Tom Cruise and I still enjoy his movies but I disagree heartily about his stance on drugs. I do believe things are overpescribed in this country and too many children are given riddlen or whatever to mask real issues, but I know that I would be a total and complete usuless zombie because of a chemical imbalance in my head without these drugs. I don't relly on them, I can live and function without them, but I do much better with them so I take them, faithfully every single day. One pill, one dosage and I can hold down a job, live a normal (well you know, relatively normal) life and deal with the stresses of living without getting overwhelmed.

These illnesses are real, they're just difficult as there isn't a quanatitive blood test or something like that to say, look you have skitzophrena!! That is frustrating, so very very frustrating for someone who suffers from a psychological illness (mine is depression, I don't hear voices or anything entertaining like that) as it's so easy to doubt the validity. Vitamins don't cure these things buddy, sorry.

Someday I'd love for a doctor to take a sample of something and give me a detailed list of the chemicals that I don't have enough of (or too much of depending I guess) so I can see how much medicine to take to make things 'level'. Until then we treat the symptoms and do the best we can, and deal with people who aren't experts spouting off their oponions and are taking even remotely seriously because they can (well some of them can) act.

No comments: