Friday, October 07, 2005

Getting Older and reflecting

Getting Older and reflecting

So I have one of those birthday things coming up and I like to take some time around then to reflect a bit and see where I am and what I’m doing.  I did this about a month ago talking about expectations but now I think it’s time to take stock.

Job – Check, love my job and am impressing the hell out of my boss, being competent is nice sometimes

Home – it’s messy but I own it so it works out.  Now that the garage door is back on (omg that was drama) everything seems to be in working order.  Besides I live in San Diego, how can I complain!

Possessions – I have too many, we cleaned out a huge part of the garage last year, and I’ve been giving away clothing like it’s going out of style, but I need to clean out, throw away and simplify even more.

Relationships – Family  -- everything here seems good, I’m on speaking terms with everyone, friendly terms with most and I have those nephews to spoil.

Relationships – Personal – This part could use improvement but I’m happy with the dysfunctional way things work right now so I’m not going to change anything.

Financial – sucky, I’m in tons of debt and don’t make much money.  My goal for the next year is to significantly reduce that debt

Overall I think I’m doing alright, well even.  I think most people could use more money so I’m not unusual there, and everything else is good or could be fixed by being able to hire a maid.

So 33 here I come, single, employed and content with life and where it’s going.

No comments: